Are you facing proxy error when you are trying to access certain websites? If yes, you should not lose your patience because you can efficiently resolve this error by following the steps mentioned in this blog. You can even call Mozilla Firefox Customer Service Number to communicate with the experts who are available round the clock to help you in fixing the issue of this fantastic browser.
Force Mozilla Firefox to use Auto Detect Proxy Settings
- You need to open the Mozilla Firefox and then click on the action button.
- Choose Options from the menu and then select the General category.
- You need to scroll until you reach the Network Settings option.
- Here, click on the Settings button for opening the advanced menu.
- Then set the Configure Access to the internet into Auto-detect proxy settings for this network and then click Ok for saving the changes.
- Now restart the Firefox browser to browse the web.
Add URL SSL port in the allowed list
- You need to review the URL which is triggering a proxy error for checking the port used for HTTPS.
- Then open the proxy configuration settings and look for the setting to add the port as an alternate SSL port.
- Finally, save the changes and restart your system.
Change to HTTPS Proxy
- If you are accessing the FTP website using an HTTP proxy, you need to change to an HTTPS proxy as it ensures secure end-to-end communication.
Disable the built-in proxy server in Your Windows 10 System
- You need to press Windows + R key together to open the Run box.
- In the given space you need to type ms-settings:network-proxy and then hit Enter for opening Proxy tab of the Settings.
- Now, you have to scroll down to the Manual Proxy setup section and then turn off the option of ‘Use a proxy server’ by using the toggle.
- At last restart your system.
Disable the built-in proxy server in Your Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 System
- Press together Windows + R key for the opening Run box.
- Now type inetcpl.cpl in the given space and then hit the Enter button to open the tab of Internet Properties.
- You have to select the Connections tab > LAN Settings button that is present under the Local Area Network (LAN) settings.
- Then uncheck the box of Use a proxy server for your LAN and after that restart your computer.
Uninstall the VPN Client
- Open the Run window of your system by pressing the Windows and R key together.
- You need to type appwiz.cpl and for opening the Programs and Features screen. If the prompt of UAC (User Account Control) appears, click yes for giving administrative privileges.
- You need to locate the VPN client in the installed application list and then right-click on it to choose the Uninstall option.
- By following the on-screen instruction, you can complete the uninstallation process and then at the end, restart your computer.
If the error persists, you need to reach out to the technical experts by calling Mozilla Firefox Support Number available 24*7. The support team will hear your query and then give you the best possible solution for fixing the Mozilla Firefox error.