Your Mozilla Firefox browser can automatically save usernames and passwords that you use to access online services so that it will be easier for you to login at a later date. Keep in mind that once you create a Master Password you will be asked to enter it once for each Firefox session. The Master Password is a security feature that grants authority when Firefox needs access to your stored passwords. You can call the Mozilla Firefox support number and ask for help if you want to learn how to set the master password.
Even though the password is an excellent security features, it has its drawbacks as well. There are times when users encounter technical errors where Mozilla Firefox keeps asking for the Master Password and the user’s work is stuck. This blog will give you a general overview of what you need to do to fix the Mozilla Firefox master password so that you can enjoy a smooth browsing experience.
Steps to fix Mozilla Firefox Keeps Asking for the Master Password
The main reason the Master Password error is because there is a problem with the browser settings or the antivirus software. If you are using a software like AVG Internet Security, then you should check the certificate settings on your computer. You can refer to the steps below to check the settings and enter the correct details to ensure Mozilla Firefox runs smoothly:
- Step 1: Restart your computer and open your Mozilla Firefox browser
- Step 2: Go to the address bar and type “about:preferences#privacy.”
- Step 3: Press the ‘Enter’ button and wait for the settings options to load.
- Step 4: Look for the “Privacy & Security” options located in the left panel.
- Step 5: Click and remove the mart next to “Use a master password” option.
- Step 6: Exit your Firefox browser and restart the program.
- Step 7: Follow the same steps and enable the master password once again before you close your Mozilla Firefox
Once you make the necessary change to the privacy and security settings you should be able to open Firefox the next time without having to re-enter your master password again. In case the error persists even after you made the changes to the settings you can call the Mozilla Firefox helpline number and ask for help. Experienced and qualified technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you troubleshoot any error connected to your account.