Mozilla Firefox is known to run smoothly on the computer at a faster speed. It has been serving the users all over the world and provides them a quality satisfaction. However, in some cases, you may get some issues. Error code 2324 is such an issue that may occur due to the error in updates. When you perform the update process in Windows 7, you may get this issue. This could happen due to missing files, cookies, caches, and virus attacks. Some third party software may also create issues with Mozilla Firefox and cause the error code 2324. Now you need to fix the issue easily, and you can do that by contacting at Mozilla Firefox customer support number. You can solve the issue easily by following some simple methods.
How to fix the error code 2324:
You can easily fix the issue manually by performing these simple steps of downloading and installing the new version over top of the current version.
Solution 1. Manual update Mozilla Firefox:
- Open your computer and go to the internet browser.
- Then you need to visit the link mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-windows.
- Once the link is opened, then select the option ‘Download Firefox.’
- Now you will get an available version of Mozilla Firefox.
- You can download and file easily on your computer.
- Now go to the downloads and run the software.
- It will take a few minutes to install the software.
- Then restart your computer and use the software.
Solution 2. Check for updates:
In some cases you may find that earlier installed Firefox software is not validating the new software or any third party software is causing some issues. In this case, you need to follow these steps to get rid of the issue:
- Open Firefox and go to the Firefox menu option.
- There you need to go to help option.
- Select the about option and now check for the updates.
Solution 3. Run as administrator:
For the users of windows 7 or vista, it is recommended to run Firefox as an administrator.
- Restart your computer.
- Then go to the start menu.
- Search Firefox and right-click on Mozilla Firefox option.
- Click on the run as administrator option and continue if the ‘user account control’ appears.
Solution 4. Clear caches and history:
- You need to go to the history in Firefox and click on clear recent history option.
- In the option ‘time range to clear,’ you can choose the appropriate time duration to clear the caches.
- You can go to the details option to choose elements removed from history.
- Now click on clear now button to complete the process.
In case you can’t fix the issue on your own then you should call at Mozilla Firefox technical support number and get the easy support with easy steps.