A big plus point setting up your Comcast email account on your iPhone is that you can access your emails and connect with your contacts even while you are traveling. However, there may be times when you struggle to sign in to your Comcast email account on your iPhone because of a server problem or a network issue. This blog will give you some suggestions on what to check so that you can resolve the issue. If you find that the issue occurs regularly, you can also call the Comcast customer support number and consult a trained email expert to find out the root cause of the problem so that you can implement the appropriate troubleshooting steps.
Sever Settings to Set Up your Comcast Account
The most common reason why Comcast email is not working on your account is that the server settings are incorrect. You can refer to the settings given below and make sure you are using the correct settings:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 (Also 143 with SSL ON)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP) (Also 465 SMTPS)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: Enter Comcast username and password
The configuration settings mentioned above will be the same no matter which email client or email program you use.
Solutions to fix Comcast Email Not Working on iPhone
When you find that you cannot send or receive emails from your Comcast email account on your iPhone, you should consider deleting the account and then configuring it once again. After you delete the account, you can follow the steps given below to set up your Comcast account on iPhone from scratch:
- Step 1: Open the Settings menu and select the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Accounts’ section and click the option to add an account.
- Step 3: Enter the Comcast email address, including the “@comcast.net” part.
- Step 4: Type your current email password in the given field and click ‘Next.’
- Step 5: Enter the configuration settings for your Comcast email account.
- Step 6: Make sure the Mail button is set to ON, and the Notes is ‘OFF.’
- Step 7: Once the info is authenticated you will receive a notification that your Comcast account is added to your iPhone.
It is possible that the steps mentioned above may differ slightly based on which version of iOS you are using. If you find that Comcast does not work even after you set up your account from the scratch the best thing to do is to call the Comcast technical support number and ask for additional assistance. An experienced team of professional technicians is available 24 hours a day to give you a detailed guide on how to implement advanced solutions to rectify the error as soon as possible.