If you configure your Comcast email account with any third party email program such as Outlook, you will get benefitted because it will help you to keep your emails more organized as it manages multiple accounts on one platform. In this blog, some basic server settings are provided along with the steps to configure Comcast email with Outlook. If you don’t follow the steps carefully, you will be unable to send and receive messages on Outlook. You can also ring up Comcast customer care number to get a detailed explanation of the particular issue. Technical executives will help you with all their dedication and efforts to take you out of the dilemma.
Steps to configure Comcast email with Outlook are:
Before starting the process, make sure that the server settings are correct. To manually set up Comcast email with Outlook, you can use email settings. Go through the instructions given below:
- Step 1: In the first step, you need to go to the file menu of the Outlook app
- Step 2: Proceed by selecting the ‘account settings’ option and click on ‘Add account’ and move forward
- Step 3: After clicking the account radio button, you will have to select manual setup
- Step 4: You will be required to select IMAP or POP as the account type and move forward
- Step 5: In this step, you are just required to type the name and email address of Comcast.
The email ID you provide should be according to the account type which you are using. Generally, Comcast recommends the users to use IMAP because syncing Comcast email ID and password becomes easier with it and you can check your account from multiple devices. To configure your account with Outlook, use the IMAP server settings mentioned below:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: You will be required to enter your Comcast user name and password
If you follow the steps mentioned above carefully, you will easily be able to configure your Comcast email account with Outlook. But if you feel implementing these steps are tough, or even after using the steps, you did not get your solution, you can immediately contact Comcast customer service number to get assisted by the well-trained experts who are always available at your service. These experts provide you with the step by step and detailed solutions to any problem you have.